Saturday, May 17, 2014

When we were at the Sea of Galilee we sat by the sea and shared our word for the day. Here are the words and a few lines of explanation from some of the team members. More to follow. (We are so busy every day it is hard to find time to post!)

HUMILITY
It is the same humility I now feel as I walk the paths that Jesus walked, and hear his teachings where he taught.
Bill Bartolic

FAITHFUL
I have been in awe throughout our journey of God's faithfulness to His people. To walk where Abraham, Moses, Joshua, David and Jesus walked brings reflection on my own faith walk.
Alex Bartolic

AWE
God has faithfully kept his promises to Israel throughout time.
Steve Klem

RE-ENERGIZED
Re-energized to be a more faithful disciple in all I say and do.
Laurie Klem

HOPE
Our hope in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Brian Carlson

ANCIENT WORDS
This is the very place where the very words of God were given to the authors of our sacred scriptures, which are the living words of God changing my heart everyday.
John Hoffsommer

LOVE
I chose love because of the deeper love that I am feeling for the love of Israel.
This is my second time to the Holy Land and the Biblical accounts shared in the land makes the word of God so real and gives me such a deeper understanding..
Audrey Hoffsommer

INSIGHTFUL
It has been amazing to listen and learn as our guide, Boaz, walks us through the Bible. He imparts his Biblical and historical knowledge to us in ways that help us to understand, to “see,” how God's hand continues to be upon the people of Israel in miraculous ways. We've much to learn from Israel and can only be privileged to be called their friends!
Deanne Kubly

GRATEFUL
Our time in the desert was especially meaningful to me. I was reminded of the nation of Israel's journey, and had an opportunity to sense and experience the conditions the people encountered. On a daily basis, God continued to meet the needs of His people—with exactly what they needed and always at the appropriate time. Walking in the desert canyons, reflecting on my journey thus far, I found my heart filled with gratefulness. I am so grateful for how God has truly blessed and provided for me in the past. I will continue to trust in His provisions for my future.
Alan Howard

HISTORY
So much rich history in Israel. I love all the teachings and awesome sights. God is good
Connie Bettenhausen

CAPERNAUM
Walking on the hallowed ground that Jesus walked on and three words came to mind: I am here.
Paul Carlson

GRACE
How Great Thou Art...we sang the song. It says it all.
Cele Watts

GRATITUDE
Overwhelming gratitude for being able to come here, to be able to walk where Jesus walked, and to be able to do it with a group of people who love the Lord.
Dave Wicklund

AMAZED
I am amazed that have the opportunity to be here; amazed by the group of 32 who are traveling so well together; amazed to be walking where Jesus walked.
Judy Wicklund

FAITH
Have great Faith to become great disciples!
LuAnn Olson

PERSPECTIVE
It was awesome to get Boaz's perspective on Israel and borders and the history. Absolutely amazing – and ONE word – cannot describe it all!
Mike Olson

SACRIFICE
Thanking God for the numerous sacrifices the Jewish people have made and continue to make to honor their/our Great God and preserving their land. Praising God for the greatest sacrifice of all—His Son, our Lord, Jesus Christ who went to the cross for my sins. How much do I sacrifice for Him?I pray out of my great love for Him, I will make sacrifices of my time, talents, and gifts to and for Him...no matter what the cost may be to me. 2 Cor. 4:17-18
Lori Ritchie

CHANGED
I will forever be changed on how I will read the Bible; I will forever be changed by history of the Hebrew people and I will forever be changed by the lessons I have learned from visiting Israel.. FOREVER CHANGED
Lisa Baltes

AUTHENTIC
With guidance from Boaz's authenticity scale, we are able to experience authentic biblical archeological sites leading to a more authentic understanding of the bible for me and an ability to share a more authentic faith.
Mark Baltes

REVIVED
Since Israel became a nation 66 years ago, God has blessed the land with fruitfulness. He has given them wisdom how to bring water to the parched desert. You now see greenhouses and vineyards and orchards all through the valleys. It is nothing for God to take the dry bones found in Ezekiel and clothe them with flesh and breathe life into what we may see as dead.
Lynette Fruits

COLOR
When I arrived at the Sea of Galilee it was as if the Bible moved from black and white to color.

Roy Fruits

No comments:

Post a Comment